Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
delay500609-D46.jpg
deLay500609-D46.  Rose Festival crowds at SW 6th & Alder, looking south on 6th.  Pioneer Courthouse on left. June 9, 1950.  Published in Oregonian June 10, 1950: “Crowds numbering into the thousands swept into the street after the parade passed each of the many blocks along its route. In this view, looking south on Sixth Avenue from Alder street, the massed throngs completely fill the wide street from building to building. This photograph was taken from one of the platforms erected by crews demolishing the old Oregonian building, which has provided vantage points for photographers who covered the Festival parades during their 42-year history.”