deLay520409-01 “Decrepit. Once an imposing spot, this house shows disrepair which makes the area undesirable.“ Caption published Oregonian April 13, 1952 pg. 30. A very old North Portland house built before water and sewer connections were available in the area. The tower on the side of the building is a combination windmill and water tower. The windmill operated a pump that brought underground water up to the tank. Next to it is the outhouse. Two addresses are visible on the front of the house, resulting from the 1933 Portland street renumbering. The house is on N. Clackamas on the nw corner of Crosby. The photo was taken April 9, 1952.